Special Recent Posts
I’ve found without question that the best way to lead others to a more plant-based diet is by example – to lead with your fork, not your mouth. —
Vegan Swiss Roll
I got the cake recipe from a Brazilian site and adapt to my own vegan version. I know that normally vegan cakes do not rise like non-vegan but I really do not care about it. The most important is the taste and it tastes fantastic. This recipe is perfect for any Swiss Roll. Try it.
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 Tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 and ¼ cup of water
- Put oven on 180c. put shelf near the top of the oven.
- Line a Swiss roll tin, with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
- Sieve the the flour onto a mixing bowl and add all ingredients until obtain a smooth and plain batter. Pour into the tin.
- Bake for 25-30 or until golden brown and firm. DO NOT OVERCOOK, or it will break when you try to roll it up. (which I did)
- While the cake is baking, spread extra sugar over a grease proof paper. place a sharp knife and a palette knife beside the paper.
- Warm the jam, in microwave for 20 secs in a microwave proof container.
- When the Swiss roll is cooked tip it onto the Sugar paper and peel off the lining paper trim the edges of the Swiss roll.
- Spread quickly with the warm jam then roll it up, using the paper to help you.
- Cool on a wire rack.